Skip navigation

UK Entry Clearance

If you hold a work permit and you intend to bring a spouse or dependent child to this country you must apply for entry clearance. You will need a letter from a housing standards department as part of your application. You can find out more about this process here.

Please contact us If you would like an officer from Housing Standards to contact you to make arrangements to visit the property where you would like your dependants to live. We will need to make sure that the property is suitable and safe. We will need to see a current tenancy agreement or proof of ownership.

When you contact us we will arrange for an officer to visit the property between Monday and Friday between 9am and 5pm.

You will need to provide us the following information when we inspect:

1. Address of property to be inspected.

2. Name(s) of dependant(s).

3. Date(s) of birth.

4. Current addresses of the dependant(s).

5. Proof of ownership or current tenancy agreement with contact details of Landlord.

6. Address of British Embassy or Consulate that the letter is required to be addressed to.

We will need to do a full inspection of the property. The officer will need to view all the rooms within the property. The officer will also make a note of any other tenants or occupiers at the property. The inspection will be based on what is seen at the time of the inspection. Housing Standards will respond to the request for entry clearance within 7 working days subject to staff availability.


phone: 0300 303 7794

Powered by GOSS iCM
©  Somerset West Private Sector Housing Partnership